Monday, August 16, 2010

The Nomad Taxonomist

This is a title I might as well have given myself in the creation of this blog. As much as I like the title, it does not retain the potency of my current self-applied title, yet applies to an important aspect of my task here on 'planet 3.' To paraphrase Nietzsche, as I often do even if unknowingly, it is more important to know what things are called, rather than what things are. This applies directly to how I look at the world; something to be beheld as experience is never fully communicable. Even though my full intention is to communicate my ideas as best as can be, the perspectives at hand can never be fully elucidated and approximations are necessarily in order. Here goes:

I am the center of the universe insofar as my experience thereof is centered right here. I wander around in my experience , learning what things are commonly called by uncommon perspectives, most of which are unfamiliar to the uninformed and unquestioning kinds of minds. If you think you might be of this sort, that is able to entertain multifarious and seemingly incongruous ideas at once no matter what the effect might be, the results may be perhaps more potent than previously anticipated.

I've wandered around countless ideas and perspectives that need to be enumerated and categorized accordingly if they're going to be of any use to me. Along this journey I've found some ideas more useful than others in developing the way that I can interpret the world around me. When it so happens, as often it does, that seemingly unusual explanations offer more valid and extensive stories to describe an experience of mine, the words used therein are of more potent value for my further usage. The taxonomist at work is acquiring new wares for use toward infinite distribution.

Viewing my interpretation of how others see things, gives me varying levels of perspective on how to call certain occasions. Lets call things as they are. The only way that status quo reality allows one to operate in the world that 'is,' is by their diction. We, however, are able to use language as to how it suits our needs and pleasures, therefore circumventing the mind control subjugated upon us by the powers that be. We can reclaim our own mental sovereignty by embarking on the journey into the wasteland of culture, find the nourishing bits and giving them their appropriate names and veneration. Only by finding the morsels of sustenance does any living body, like our souls, grow in healthy accord with its ultimate intention, which is to replicate and nourish further sustenance of the species. Passing down novel and integrated traditions that include all levels of perspective available leaves later generations with much more amply provided foundation for whatever successes they might feel appropriate to their dignified existences.

1 comment:

  1. There are many ideas and comments on your site, so far, that I really connect with. I do experience trouble in my 'language' for these exact reasons. Some people are so preoccupied with nonsense they do fail to see the reason, which is at best approximate. It's crazy...definitively.
    Thank you for being one of the few that views the same things and has an eloquence (without cheesiness) to present it in writing.

    ReplyDelete