Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Intentions

Seems as though the beginning of it all would be an appropriate place for me to state my intentions. The ensuing blogzilla will be a recombinant forum for ideas that I've been entertaining over the years that make up my reality. This will be a dynamic and hopefully dialogic enterprise whereby the anomalous and incongruent aspects of everyday life can be brought together in order to form an ever evolving paradigm that dismisses nothing, has no absolutist commitments, and constantly revises itself to transcend the liminal reality that we are told to accept. I'll do this by myself, for myself, as I've been doing, but if I happen to meet positively unique people along the way the better off we all are.

Coming back again to the misfit, I keep my eyes open for things that don't fit in. How can we be coerced into believing in a world that blatantly ignores and rejects a vast spectrum of human experiences that are as real, if not more so, than the models we're told explain it all. With utmost confidence do I declare that every academic discipline is rife with inconsistencies, explanatory gaps, and physical evidence that just has to be ignored in order for their models to work at all. Needless to say that the reality handed down to the masses by this inchoate ivory Babel is facile, immature, and I think immodest of any self-respecting human being.

Coming back again to the shaman, it is a position in a society for one who looks beyond the veils of culture, perhaps even visiting these realms, and returns with insights that would otherwise be unavailable to the ordinary perspective. Note here that ordinary is used in a value-neutral way. As one who lives entirely in the spirit world, as it were, is totally useless to their society, and even in ordinary daily life do extraordinary things happen to seemingly ordinary individuals. The mediator here between the polarities of material and spirit, parts of a unified spectrum, is the shaman. He or she (in many cultures gender neutral, androgynous, or otherwise) acts as symbolic interpreter.

Coming back again to my intention: to play the role of nomad taxonomist, wandering around learning what to call things, a modest interpreter of symbols, especially mis-fitting ones, and sharing my findings with those who are curious enough to find them. My intention is to never stop learning, and now, to start sharing my learnings. So, I extend an invitation to any and all that would like to participate in this enterprise of mine, to contribute their comments and questions alike at any point in this forum.

That this become a communication is its ultimate goal. Maybe by showing my perspective to the world someone will be able to relate. Hopefully, I will be able to communicate enough of my experience to at least one person who retains something I've written as a positive feature in their own edification. This is my call to all geeks, nerds, outsiders, misfits, and really free thinkers. Join me in evolving ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment